It's March and finally the snow is melting. Our inaugural camping trip for 2014 was back to our home crag, Jackson Falls. With both of us recovering from injuries, our focus for this trip was on the camping experience as a family. Climbing, if we were able to do any, was simply an added bonus. We were just happy to be outside again. CR pushed it a little too far last fall season and ended up with a bad case of medial epicondylitis or "golfer's elbow" (probably the only similarity between climbing and golfing) and is slowly getting back to climbing. I partially dislocated my shoulder while snowboarding in Colorado two months ago and just started physical therapy to get my range of motion back. It's been years since my last subluxation, so I knew I was due for one. Chronic shoulder instability and climbing does not work well together and I am always thankful to have an injury-free streak.
We spent the weekend with our good friend Topher, camping, hiking, and getting a few moderately easy climbs in. Micah loved playing at the campsite, gathering sticks for the fire, and throwing rocks into the creek. In fact, playing in the creek was probably his favorite part of the weekend. CR cooked up some amazing campfire meals and spoiled us with grilled salmon, rosemary potatoes, and charred broccoli for dinner. The slow paced, agenda-less weekend was a pleasant change from our typical climbing trips which are usually focused on minimizing meals and maximizing time on the rocks.









No comments:
Post a Comment